Back to Jobs Landing Page
Fundraiser, Pioneer Pacific Camp - Job Description
Purpose: To create, coordinate and execute the strategies for fund development in support of Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada
Reports to: Vice President, Advancement
Key Internal Relationships:
- Advancement Team
- Camp Director, Pioneer Pacific Camp
- Campaign Director
- Donor Services
- Staff Team, Pioneer Pacific Camp
- Donors & donor prospects
- Camper parents
- Build and maintain on-going relationships with individuals interested in, and committed to the mission of Inter-Varsity. This includes the identification, cultivation, retention and management of a portfolio of donors and gift prospects.
- Establish annual and quarterly fundraising targets and priorities to meet ministry goals and objectives.
- Meet and report regularly to VP, Advancement to keep advised of funding progress and outcomes
- Meet with Donors regularly to share the needs and opportunities of Inter-Varsity
- Continually update Raisers’ Edge, and ensure appropriate tracking is in place
- Coordinate and provide donor recognition, appreciation, and thanks
- Participate as a member of the Advancement Team
- Develop strategies to increase donor base, including the recruitment of new donors, and the recovering of lapsed donors
- Create and develop a portfolio of major donors and prospects in collaboration with the VP, Advancement, and the President, and execute a unique strategy for each major donor and prospect, including regular reports to major donors
- In consultation with VP, Advancement, prepare a funding strategy for all capital projects
- Use internal & external communications channels to promote development initiatives.
- Participate in the execution of any capital campaigns and fundraising programs through up-front work in prospecting and cultivating foundation and corporate donors and prospects during ‘silent’ and ‘public’ phases.
- Case(s) for support is (are) clearly communicated
- Funding partners know and understand the mission, mandate, and needs of Inter-Varsity, and Pioneer Pacific Camp
- Annual Giving is increasing
- Major gifts are increasing, and a strategy is in place to further increase
- The needs and interests of major donors are addressed in a timely fashion
- Capital Projects are funded strategically, and in a timely fashion
- Donor base is increasing
- Visit 150 donors/donor prospects per year, with 100 personal (face to face) asks [based on 20 hours per week]
- Raise personal support to extent agreed upon.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to grow as a follower
- Sense of calling to Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada
- Alignment with Inter-Varsity core purposes and values
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Self-starter with superior time management and work planning abilities
- Exceptional ability to see the big picture and to strategize
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to conduct successful one-on-one meetings and group presentations. Ability to write articles and craft appeal letters.
- Ability to work cooperatively and influentially with peers and subordinates in different departments
- Strong leadership skills, ability to command respect
- Ability to analyze raw data to discern correlations and trends
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, in particular the Christian youth and camping industry, is an asset.
- Knowledge of current trends in philanthropy
- Knowledge of the theoretical background behind Development
- Ease in learning and using computer applications (esp. Raiser’s Edge), familiarity with Microsoft platforms (Office XP)
- An existing network is an asset
- Planned Giving Experience an asset
- Must have a flexible schedule, and be willing to travel to meet with donors when they are available, including some weekends and evenings.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of training and experience and a working knowledge of fundraising and development practices and principles
- Advanced computer skills. Knowledge and/or experience with Raiser’s Edge would be an asset.
- Experience in one of Inter-Varsity’s ministry areas (staff or alumni) would be helpful but is not essential.
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle are required.